Monday, May 4, 2009

Phil. 4:13

"I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me."

I need to write this 100 times like they make you do when you misbehave in elementary school to engrave a fact into your brain. Life is so tough. I am trying so hard to stay positive and it is really really wearing on me.
I got another completely heartbreaking and scary letter from Jon today, and have realized I am an idiot for allowing myself to become so consumed with this all. I have internalized the situation to a point where I am in a very dangerous position. I don't want to be involved. I don't. I just care too much...yeah, I think that is my problem. I genuinely care too much. About everything and everyone. And I think I put everyone elses needs and even their wants above my own in the wrong times, and its wearing me out.
Mikey leaves for Afghanistan on Wednesday and that honestly scares the crap out of me. He and I have gotten so very close the past year or so...he makes me laugh like no one else can, is like the obnoxious best friend and yet understands my fears and faith...hes a very good person who is going to fight in this war with very pure intentions. The pride he has in his country is that like I have never seen or heard of-Mike is the epitome of what it is to be a true American and the respect I have for him is unmeasurable. I will send him care packages on a weekly basis and pray for him daily, that he fights a good fight and returns home safe and sound.
My cousin Kaleb has a disease called Cystic Fibrosis (If you are unfamiliar with it, read my cousins blog... kristibowers.blogspot.com) and from what I understand they are dealing with some tough stuff right now, getting ready for Kaleb to go back to the hospital as he is resistant to some of the meds.(again read Kristi's blog for more details..) I wish we lived closer to them so that I could be there to spend time with them.

Please pray for Kaleb and his family, for Mike as he heads to Afghanistan, and for the Jon situation. I really am not sure what more to ask...I just need God to give me some strength, peace and healing during this all. Seems as if this is a tough season for a lot of people, and on top of all this I am dealing with smaller but still stressful personal issues (boy problems, working wayy too much, missing my best friends...)...Prayers would be fabulous, and please let me know how I can pray for you all as well.

Love and miss you Californians! Was going to visit this summer but my work sched and finances are not going to allow for that...hopefully in the fall? We will see....


I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me....
I can do ALL things in HIM who strengthens me....

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

you are so sweet, thanks for the prayers. praying for you. i want to visit you or you come here! how many hours is the drive? be careful about those notes. save them. don't get yourself into trouble. love you. say hi to the fam