Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fireproof.

It's another amazingly beautiful morning out here on my porch...It has been storming like crazy for the past couple days and this morning there is a break in the clouds and the sun is peeking through, the trees getting breezy. *Big smile!* I LOVE IT! It is amazing how lush and green it gets out here and how fast the seasons turn over. I love having a place to go and sit, think, pray, relax, and enjoy my surroundings. I've been a bit stressed the past couple days but I have a new peace about everything this morning. Mikey flies to Afghanistan today, I have been freaking out but after talking to him nonstop the past few days, I know he is a fighter, the type of fighter we need out there. I have faith that God is going to use him for good and bring him and his buddies back safely.

"Fireproof doesn't mean the fire will never come. It means when the fire comes that you will be able to withstand it."
I rented the movie Fireproof yesterday...I highly recommend this movie to anyone and everyone. It has completely changed my view on relationships and how extremely important faith and communication is in a marriage. It really has something for everyone, whether single, married, young or old...there is much to be learned from this movie. Not to mention the music is wonderful!...


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

-While I'm Waiting by John Waller


I have been debating on what to do while out here as far as work and where I want to be, where God wants me to be. My new friend Amber and I decided to go back to school together after I get back from Europe, and get our CNA (nursing assistant)! We are the kind of people who need accountability with school so we decided we will do it together. I am excited! This will further my education and along with my Esthetician license make me more appealing to potential employers. And from there, who knows. Maybe more travel opportunities will be given to me before I get my career going, or maybe I will know where I should be living by then and will get a place and settle down and get my career established. I am excited and feel like I have been given a world of opportunites (literally!). It is a really cool feeling.

I should probably get up and ready for the day, but I will leave you with a passage that I love...
James 1:19-25
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls. But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror.You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.

This has been kind of a scatterbrained post..I am all over the place with my thoughts today so forgive the randomness of it all...
OH!
Please keep my cousin Kaleb in your prayers, as he is in the hospital...
as well as Mikey as he flies out today...

I'm outta here, Have a great day!!



1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

I got that movie fireproof but haven't watched it yet, i have it with me, so i will watch this week