Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3 Months and Counting!

Just a little over 3 months til my big Europe trip with Lindsi! Words cannot express the excitement and nervousness I have about this trip... I have traveled a bunch these past couple years without my family/with friends. But going on a month long trip to many countries with my best friend...going to be the trip of a lifetime without a doubt. I CANNOT wait!
I am most nervous about packing lightly, those of you that know me well know that I like to look cute and match and all that girly stuff...definitely not going to happen on this trip. And you know what, I am going to learn how to be just fine with that! :)
Bought a gown for formal night on the cruise though, it is GORGEOUS. Definitely flatters my body type and is all black so i can dress it up fun...will post a picture below with a bunch of pics of the places I am going that I googled!
So heres a basic summary of the trip...
Sept 2...Fly from Charlotte to Reykjavik Iceland...then Iceland to London on sept 3
Enjoy London for couple days
Cruise from Sept 5-19th to....
Amsterdam(Netherlands),Brugge(Belgium), Paris(France), Cork(Ireland), Santiago de Compostela(Spain), Lisbon (portugal), Gibraltar(UK), Barcelona(Spain)Cannes(France)Florence/Pisa(Italy) then land in ROME!
Spend a few days in Rome...Vatican City, Coliseum, Pantheon..all that awesome stuff.Then going up to Florence/Chianti Valley for a couple days...
Then overnight train ride to Munich! Traveling Germany, Austria maybe Switzerland for a week while staying with Lindsi's friend. Spending my 21st birthday at Oktoberfest in Munich!
Flying from Frankfurt back to Charlotte on Sept 29th..
Then hopefully having a lil bday cookout at my house to show off my pictures and share foreign wine and chocolates with my NC friends :)
I am so blessed to have been given this opportunity. God is so good!
Heres some pictures I googled of a few places I am going...*BIG BIG SMILE!*

















As you can tell I love food. That is probably on the "top 3 things I am most excited for" list.
If any of you have been to any of the places I am going, I would absolutely LOVE any tips/pointers/info you have to offer! :)
Hope you are all having a great week!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

I'm so jealous but glad you have the opportunity to go. And the dress is beautiful!