Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Been awhile...

It is 620am. I have been up tossing and turning since about 430...figured I'd migrate from my bed onto the screened porch to listen to the birds and enjoy the quiet before everyone starts their day. I was a little frustrated at first but hey, I've got another month+ to sleep, why not take advantage of a crisp quiet early morning? :)
I am on week 6 of recovery and SO ready to be back to "normal" life. I've always known patience isn't exactly a strength of mine but dang! I am counting down the days til I am off crutches, then out of the boot, then back to work...surely I will look back at this and kick myself when I am back working full time but oh well.
The first two weeks were really tough, the pain I experienced was unlike anything I have ever dealt with before. I had completely torn my peroneal tendon in my right ankle over time because of a bone that was too long...so I had tendon repair and reconstructive bone surgery, leaving me with about a 6 inch scar on my foot/ankle and a 2 inch scar on the top of my foot. After those first two weeks though of staying in bed every minute of every day, I got a boot put on and got the ok to get out a little more on my crutches. Blake kindly came and kidnapped me so I could get a change of scenery, and I spent some time with him at the beach and he was great about keeping my spirits up. Got to spend a little time with his family and I enjoyed lying on the balcony with my foot up soaking up the sun while he was working, we'd cook dinner and watch movies and I had a great time.
Now being back I am trying to keep myself occupied...had a great Mothers day out on lake norman with my grammy and poppy and my fam, hung out and caught up with my friend Kyla the other day, and went out last night for a bit to Fox and Hound. I think some girls from work and I are going to paint pottery later this week which should be fun! Other than trying to stay positive and have little things to look forward to, I have started taking time for me which is good. In the midst of life it is easy to lose yourself to a job or friends, and so I have been spending time journaling and working out, eating healthy (lost 10 lbs in a week, yay!)...I need to spend more time with my Tiffy as she is moving out in a couple months to go to school. So weird how fast everyone grows up and how time flies the older you get...Lindsi is planning on moving out here in the fall which I am SO looking forward to, I know that'll be here before I know it!!
Well the sun is about up and the girls are getting ready for school, wish I could fall back to sleep but instead will probably work out a bit and cuddle up with the puppy and watch a movie. I hope all of you have a fabulous day/week, xoxo!

2 comments:

Louise Cunningham said...

I am having the same surgery on friday and am pretty nervous about it. Your post was encouraging to me that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm anxious to get this over with and get my recovery underway and maybe have a little bit of summer to enjoy. Please keep posting about your recovery!

Brittany Green said...

I hope your surgery went well! there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, first two weeks are the hardest so hang in there and follow doctors orders! :)