Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a gorgeous day!

I woke up too early this morning to my dog wagging her tail at me and attempting to jump up (unsuccessfully...she has short stubby legs) on my bed, and my little sister smiling and watching me wake up to this. Realizing it was early and I had plenty of time before having to get to work, I decided to make myself a cup of coffee and take my pup and my laptop out on the screened porch...
So here I sit, on an absolutely GORGEOUS Carolina morning, and this is honestly the first time I have taken the time to just sit, relax, and enjoy the nature of this place God has put me in. It is quiet and yet bustling with life out here this morning...the birds singing in the trees, the squirrels frolicking and enjoying the sunshine...even the catarpillars are out here enjoying the day!
I think I have been so stuck in that "hurry up and go" mentality of Orange County, that I haven't allowed myself to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak..to really enjoy the opportunities I have been given and the blessings that have been handed to me in this scary and unsure new life I have going on. I have been so closed off to making new friends and venturing out that I hadn't really realized the things I have in front of me. Life is TOUGH and trying, yes. But, with the bad and devestating, I am realizing that God has placed new beginnings and opportunities right in front of me. (this is going to sound cheesey but its true...) The spring time represents new beginnings, from baby birds, to lil caterpillars looking for a place to grow and change, to baby flower buds peeking up through the soil...maybe now is my new beginning. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, right? Starting fresh in every way possible...financially, with friends, bonding more with my family....leaving the negativity and shallowness behind, looking forward to literally traveling the world, developing new friendships and deepening and maintaining the long distance ones that I already have...What a gift I have been given!!!!

...Quick update on my friend Jon...he plead not guilty to first degree murder, and is posting 1 million dollars for bail, hopefully giving him a couple weeks out of that horrible prison until his next court apprearance. He spoke to our mutual friend Mark for about an hour the yesterday, asking for prayers through this. I honestly do not know what happened, but I will find out soon enough. And regardless, he is my friend and needs God more now than ever. No one is ever in this position of being good friends with an accused murderer, and it is beyond scary. But I truly do not believe he is a monster or even a bad person, call me crazy if you want to, but I stand by my words and definitely appreciate any prayers that you may offer about Jon, and Kates family grieving her death.

On a happier note, check out these lyrics...

Is it fair to say I was lured away?
By endless distractions and lovelier attractions then
Or fairer still, my own free will
Is the better one to blame for this familiar mess
I've made again

So I would understand if You were out of patience
And I would understand if I was out of chances

Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new

The distance left between East and West
Is how far You would go to forget the debt I'd owe
And thrown into the sea, the wicked ways in me
Will never have a chance to wash back on the sand

So I would understand if You would make me pay
I would understand lying in the bed I made again

Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new

Up comes the sun on every one of us
Gone, gone, gone the guilt and shame that knew Your name

Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new

This is my favorite Nichole Nordeman song. And what a perfect one for this gorgeous and inspiring day.

And now I am off to do laundry, work out, and get ready for another long shift at the 'Bucks. Wooo! :)

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

I love you. thanks for sharing. praying for your friends and their families.