Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lonely.

I've decided that my screened porch on a warm spring night may be my favorite place to be these days...watching the sun set behind the breezy trees is breathtaking. The natural beauty of this place is unbelievable.
I've been getting kinda lonely these days, as I realize how much I would love to have someone special to spend these gorgeous sunsets with. I finally feel as if I am at a place in my life where I am totally happy with the person that I have become and would love to have someone to love on. I pride myself on being a good friend and girlfriend when in a relationship...my favorite things to do are make little creative "just thinking of you" gifts, cooking fabulous meals together, going on hikes and taking silly pictures, and even just hanging out with our families...I'm ready for it. I guess Mr. Right is still working on himself and getting to a point where I fit into his life, I am just getting a little impatient. I've been the convenient girlfriend too many times, I want my prince charming who is willing to put as much into a relationship as I am. Those of you that know me well know that patience is not a big strength of mine..but I'm workin on it! And I also know that good things are well worth the wait, so thats what I will continue to do, patiently enjoying these sunsets alone...

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

I remember when I was in college I was feeling very similarly. My sis gave me this poem that talked about God preparing you and your future mate and that He would not bring you two together until EACH of you was ready...rest easy in that fact and the peace that God has PERFECT timing! Love you
ps Dave and I got together not too many months later :)